Monday, December 16, 2013

Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 2 by Brian Holguin

Nifty weird cover!
Hear ye, hear ye, people who cannot get enough of The Dark Crystal, this one is for you! Full of back story and the past of the planet, this graphic novel fills in a few of the knowledge gaps that the movie left behind. A sweeping story and awesome artwork are interesting, and the storyline is pretty good. If you liked the world design in the The Dark Crystal, you'll want to at least look through this book. I loved the intricate details and drawings, and it was just so much fun to revisit Thra and learn more about the planet. I'm also a huge gelfling fan, so I was very happy to see them featured in this book. Raunip sort of weirds me out, but I still think he's a well-designed character and definitely necessary for the story. Thank you, Netgalley and Archaia Entertainment, LLC for letting me read a galley of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment