Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon by Matt Fraction (Author), David Aja (Illustrator), Javier Pulido (Illustrator)

This look into the life of Hawkeye when he’s not busy Avenging is fantastic! What exactly does a non-superpowered superhero do in his downtime? Apparently he gets into a lot of trouble, takes care of his dog, and joins in on apartment rooftop barbecues, among some more dangerous activities. I just loved the fun but realistic feel of this volume, and it made me love Clint Barton even more, which I didn’t think was possible. His bad decisions and self-sabotage make him human, but he has a good heart underneath all of that. 

Kate’s exasperation with Clint is sooo realistic and well-done, as is her loyalty toward him. The interactions between Kate and Clint were probably my favorite parts of the book, though I have to same the track suit bros were awesome. I think I would probably be happy reading a spin off comic just about them and their adoption of the word bro, which can be used SO often. The artwork is minimalistic and wonderful, really, evoking a lot of emotion without overdoing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment